Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Intro letter..



My name is Mark Noble. Technically, I'm from Virginia.. but that was just where I was born before my family started moving around all over the Pacific. My dad's in the Navy, which makes me a "brat," which also means I never really stayed in one place too long. In a nutshell, I went to elementary school in Japan, middle school in the Philippines, high school in California, and of course, presently attending Cal State San Marcos.

I'd say I'm fairly proficient with technology, but not enough to be considered a "techie." I know how to use most Office applications because of my own experience guessing around and taking the mandatory Computer classes from high school. Obviously, I'm a PC. Not to worry, I respect Macs and all, but I'm still unwilling to make the shift ..though I do like to indulge in the whole PC vs Mac debate given the proper situations. Considering technology in general, I guess I'm one of those hypocrites who think mankind's dependence on technology is saddening, but I myself can't live without my laptop.

The mission statement had no influence whatsoever in my decision to enroll at CSUSM, probably because I didn't even know about it. Having read the mission statement, I like the line that reads "collaboratively transform public education." I think there's a lot wrong with public education in general, and it's our duty to usher in change - particularly in technology, which I guess makes this class ideal. Enlighten me.

1 comment:

  1. The mission statement made no difference to me as well. But it is a good one I guess.

    I am an SD native I grew up along side a lot of military brats. They tend to be good, independent people.

    ReplyDelete